




So I did some painting this weekend. I had painted, yet never totally finished a mural on my wall in the Living Room. I decided this weekend that it was never going to be finished, so I was going to paint over it! Ironically I had some red paint left over from the Dining room....so I decided to paint it RED! It took me forever! Or so it seemed. I did, however, figure out a great way to trim! Since it was red against a beige color, the good old paintbrush method was NOT working! Tape has always seemed to allow the paint to leak under and give you a blotchy look on my highly textured walls...so...I had heard of a technique where you paint over the tape with the original wall color, then after it dries painting over it with the new color. IT WORKED GREAT! I am so happy with it.
Only one thing though. I need some input! I think that another wall needs painting too. Looks kind of unbalanced to me. So if you could look at the pictures and give me your input!
We also went to the new Batman movie on Friday. That was long..but good.
The boys were sick all day Sunday. Flu symptoms. They are getting better today.
Football starts tonight, so they are worried they will miss the first practice!
I also put some pictures on of our lawn. It looks so nice, and my flowers are doing so well this year! No tomatoes on the plants yet, but lots of buds, so I am sure we will have a lot soon.


3 comments:
I just happened to come across your blog...and viewed your pictures. I really like them. You commented about the living room needing more color. My suggestion...maybe the staircase wall might look good with your paint and give you more splash. Or spice. :)
Thats what I was thinking! Thanks!
Wow, your backyard looks really good! I hadn't seen any pictures since you landscaped it.
Ya, also, about the painting thing- I agree, if you want to paint more to even it out, maybe do the staircase. Even if you just did the lower part right behind your loveseat. I don't know, you could always start with just that little wall and then see what you think- or if it needed more do more after that. I love all the colors you chose though!
Post a Comment