Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Brad's first bee sting! YOWCH!

Brad was jumping on the trampoline with his friend Collen, when I hear this hair raising scream! I was hanging out the laundry and he came running over saying that he had been stung by a bee! I wasn't sure what the best thing was for a bee sting, but ironically mom had sent me an email that said to tape a penny on the sting?? So I tried it, and the swelling was totally gone in a few hours! I don't know how it works, but I think it did! Thanks mom! Needless to say, it wasn't his happiest moment!

I remember as a kid when Tasha got stung in the eye by a bee, then she shut her eye and we were trying to get the bee out! Tasha, do you remember that?? I remember getting stung quite often at Great Grandpa Heaps house!

1 comment:

Dave and Natasha said...

I don't remember that! I only remember being stung twice- once on the neck at great grandpa's house by the peonie bush, and once when I was like 10 when I was swinging on the hammock. I was wearing a skirt and when I was swinging it flew up underneath my skirt and then my dress went down and it got trapped under there and stung my leg! Ouch! Glad you tried the penny thing! I've been wondering if that really worked! Sounds like it did!