So I guess we needed some excitement in our boring lives, so Jeff decided to almost cut his finger off! He was pushing a pin through when taking the thumb off the track hoe, and the bucket fell forward and took the flesh off the finger. Luckily he pulled his finger out quickly or it would have probably taken the hole thing! So he calls me from Worland ER to tell me he 'pinched' his finger and the ER doctor was sending him to Powell to get surgery! Being so stuborn, he had driven himself to the ER and was going to drive himself to Powell for surgery! I told him I was coming to pick him up right away... he agreed to meet me in Manderson because he was going to be late if I came to Worland to pick him up. I was SO upset that he had not called me earlier! And that he was going to drive himself to Powell! All the way to Manderson I was wondering how bad it was really going to be, he has a history of understating his injuries, and I didn't know what he meant by 'smashed' his finger. For example, I took a trip to St. George and called him on Sunday before we were coming home. He told me that he didn't go to church because he had a black eye. He had went wake boarding with a few of his friends and had a wreck. Well when I got home I horrified! His face looked like someone had taken a baseball bat to it! I told him he had to go to the doctor... he ended up with a broken nose, cheekbone, and a torn cornea! Needless to say the doctor was not impress with his decision to wait to come and see him. I will have to find that picture and post it! It was SCARY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment